Spending for a good cause feels better than spending through routine. Affinity cards give consumers a chance to give back to charity through their purchases. Typically the issuing bank makes a donation based on a certain amount or percentage of the cardholder's purchases or statement balance. These charity-based credit cards show off the logo of the participating charity as well as the issuing bank on the front of the card.
*What You Need to Know about Affinity Credit Cards*
It's always important to read the fine print of any credit card agreement no matter what. Over the years charity credit cards have contributed vast sums of money to select nonprofits and philanthropic organizations. What consumers need to know is that the rate or percentage that the issuing bank donates can vary greatly and may be quite insubstantial in some cases. Be sure to research all of your charity affinity card options and associated fees and terms before making a final decision.
*Examples of Charity Affinity Cards*
Various banks have teamed up with top charities and nonprofits to offer consumers a smart way to give back. Some current examples of affinity cards for charity include:
* The Humane Society of the United States(TM) Platinum Plus(R) Visa(R) Card with WorldPoints(R) rewards
* Susan G. Komen for the Cure(R) Visa Card
* ACE Elite(TM) Visa(R) Prepaid Card
* ASPCA Credit & Debit card
* The Scout Association Credit Card
* The Pacific West Association of REALTORS Charity Foundation Visa Platinum Rewards Card