Since launching one-year ago the TD MySpend app has ankled nearly one million Canadian users. The app features instant notifications, spending insights and category tracking to give users greater insights into their spending.
Here is what TD MySpend has capture about users over the past twelve months:
Coffee and Cravings: Spending on morning coffee routines and afternoon snacks adds up. According to TD MySpend data, app users spend most frequently on dining out. Most spending occurs in small increments – between $5 and $8 dollars each time.
Home Sweet Home: For TD MySpend users, the top spending category by dollar amount was on home-related purchases, with mortgage, insurance and renovation costs leading in terms of where our money goes.
Leaving Cash in the Past: Only 12% of all TD MySpend transactions were cash withdrawals. The vast majority were digital or card transactions.
Move Me: TD MySpend users spend as much on transportation as they do on groceries.
Who Spends Less?
The More You Use It… On average, frequent TD MySpend users (those who use the app one to five times per month) are spending 8% less per month, while occasional users (those who use the app at least once a month) are spending an average of 4% less per month.
More About TD MySpend Users:
• Millennials trust TD MySpend: 25% of active app users are between the ages of 18 and 25 years old; 33% are between 25 and 35.
• Notify me: More than 500,000 TD MySpend users have signed up for instant push notifications so they can be alerted each time a transaction is made – giving them the opportunity to adjust their spending in real-time and make adjustments if need be.
A companion app for iPhone and Android, TD MySpend uses a traffic-light spending insights meter to provide users with a snapshot of whether they are above, at, or below their typical spending with each transaction from eligible TD bank accounts or TD credit cards.
Everything is automatic, and based on a user’s historic spending, with no need to manually enter expenses or link up accounts. Close to 1 million TD customers use the app to track spending from over 2.4 million TD checking and savings accounts.
For Geeks Only: TD continues to develop relationships with fintechs including Moven and Flybits to work on leading digital solutions for more than 25 million customers.
• Moven, a digital financial platform developer, played a key role in creating TD MySpend.
• TD has worked with Flybits, creators of cloud-based experience management software, to develop TD for Me, a digital concierge enhancement to the popular TD app.
• TD Lab at Communitech is a start-up incubator and a talent development hub focused on creating successful Canadian technology companies and the next generation of technology talent.