Discover Card’s mobile app ranked highest in customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies, according to J.D. Power’s first U.S. Credit Card App Satisfaction StudySM. Discover received 895 points out of a possible 1,000, outpacing the industry average by 23 points.
Discover’s mobile app, which launched in 2009, provides cardmembers:
• Apple Touch ID to sign in, and Apple® Siri functionality for Apple users
• In App Messaging, a customer service option that enables cardmembers to communicate with Discover’s 24/7, live U.S.-based customer service agents without having to stop and restart numerous interactions
• Freeze It – an on/off switch that enables cardmembers to freeze their account in seconds if they misplace their card to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
• Set up and management of alerts, either through text or push notifications
• Account management, including on-the-go bill payment with just a few taps
The J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Credit Card App Satisfaction Study collected feedback from 2,735 credit card app users, measuring the level of satisfaction among cardmembers who had their primary credit card issuer’s app installed on their smartphone and had used the app in the previous 30 days.
This marks the fourth consecutive year Discover has ranked highest in a J.D. Power-issued study. In 2014, 2015 and 2016 Discover ranked highest for credit card customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies in the J.D. Power Credit Card Satisfaction StudySM.