Unfortunately, there are bad people in the world and there really isn’t much we can do about it. Rather than worrying or avoiding certain the outside world for fear of encountering them, it makes sense to prepare a bit just in case. We never want or expect to be robbed or mugged, but there are a few things we can do to give ourselves a head start in case we are.
Consider these tips for how to protect yourself in case your wallet is ever stolen.
* Never carry your Social Security card in your wallet.
* Put all the customer service or fraud phone numbers from your credit cards and debit cards into your cell phone.
* Avoid carrying too much cash at one time.
* Never keep your bank passwords or PIN numbers in your wallet, and certainly not attached to the appropriate cards.
* Keep your wallet where you can monitor it (see it, feel it, or zipped up in a pocketbook if you are a female).
* Use caution when keeping your home address or other personal identification information in your wallet.
By limiting what you carry in your wallet, you are essentially cutting back on the troubles you will face if your wallet is ever stolen. While we never like to think about the negatives in life, it’s often better to be prepared than caught surprised. You can feel much better being prepared and knowing your financial information is safe and secure, should your wallet and its contents ever be compromised.