Through Cardpool, consumers can buy gift cards for up to 35% off and sell gift cards for up to 92% of their value.
The Blackhawk Network, owner of Cardpool, found in a recent survey 89% of consumers surveyed were aware of gift card exchange sites. About 48% said that they would consider using an exchange service to buy or sell gift cards, though 13% of respondents said that they have actually purchased a gift card from an exchange site.
Here are five tips when considering their gift card exchange options:
• Look for trusted exchange providers with a gift card purchase guarantee. For example, Cardpool guarantees that gift cards purchased from its website will be valid at the merchant for the dollar amount specified on your order for up to 180 days from the date of your purchase and up to a maximum of $1,000 per customer. If you are not satisfied with a gift card purchased for any reason, you may return your unused gift card for a full refund. Cardpool only carries cards that have no fees and no expiration dates.
• Do your research before selecting your gift card exchange company. Search news coverage and online reviews including the exchange company’s status with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
• Choose an exchange that verifies the gift card balance. Cardpool offers a convenient way to buy and sell gift cards by carrying gift cards with no fees, no expiration dates, and free shipping via USPS. To provide customers with peace of mind, Cardpool processes every gift card transaction and verifies the balance of each gift card before the transaction is complete.
• Research the gift card exchange company’s fraud prevention measures. While fraud is a very small part of what happens in the market, Cardpool takes these issues very seriously and proactively works to identify and prevent fraud, collaborates with organizations like the Organized Retail Crime Association and the National Retail Federation and cooperates and assists retailers and law enforcement in investigations.
• Understand how the buying and selling process works. Cardpool is committed to making customers happy by offering a consistently high level of service. Buyers and sellers don’t have to deal with the frustrations of dealing directly with the other party. Instead, buyers and sellers interact with Cardpool, which verifies the authenticity and balance of each gift card and holds on to the purchased gift card until a buyer is found.