Business Platinum cards from American Express will soon gain access to workspaces, on-site support, amenities, expanded lounge privileges, plus earn more rewards and technology discounts next year. The $450 annual fee business card will also offer quick financing solutions for working capital and business loans.
American Express Business Platinum Current Benefits
• 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid travel on amextravel.com
• 1.5X Membership Rewards points on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 1 million additional points per year
• 35% points back after use of the Pay with Points feature for all or part of an eligible flight, up to 500,000 points back per calendar year
• New Centurion Lounge locations in Philadelphia and Hong Kong, and a newly expanded location in the Dallas Fort Worth airport. This is in addition to a collection of more than 1,200 airport lounges globally, including The Centurion Lounges, Airspace, Priority Pass Select, and Delta Sky Club when flying Delta
• $200 Airline Fee Credit, a Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck program application, and many other existing premium travel benefits
Starting in February 2019 American Express will be adding new benefits and jacking up the annual fee from $450 to $595 .This fee increase will not take effect until the Card Member’s next renewal date on or after the February 2019 billing cycle.
American Express Business Platinum New 2019 Benefits
Complimentary access to WeWork’s global network of 335 workspaces in 83 cities and 24 countries, with Wi-Fi, pantries, and dedicated onsite staff. (valued at $2700)
Up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases made directly at Dell
The new partnership with Dell provides Business Platinum Card Members with up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases made directly at Dell
Working Capital Terms offers short term financing options to help businesses pay vendor invoices and manage cash flow.
Business Loans, a term loan, helps pre-approved American Express Business Card Members with access to working capital and short term financing.
Access a suite of other business productivity solutions, including the ability to sync a number of tools to help with expense organization:
• Spend Manager – An app that helps businesses simplify, organize and control expenses by capturing receipt images and matching them to Business Card and Corporate Card accounts.
• Connect to QuickBooks – A tool that automatically transfers Business Card transactions to Card Member’s QuickBooks daily.
• Year End Summary – A tool that allows Card Members to see a complete summary categorizing their spend by month and purchase.
American Express Business Platinum Coming 2019 Benefits
• $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) – for new reservations made after January 1, 2019 when booked through Amex Travel.
• Card Members can now earn 5X Membership Rewards® or use Pay with Points on prepaid bookings of select Fine Hotels & Resorts properties on amextravel.com, with expansion to more properties throughout 2019.
• New Centurion Lounge locations coming to New York JFK, LA and Denver airports, as well as the expanded Centurion Lounge in Miami.
American Express Consumer Platinum Card
Last year, the U.S. consumer Platinum Card’s new benefits and services are available for both new and existing Card Members. This includes the sleek metal Card design, plus a boatload of benes.
The new benefits and services include: Uber Rides with Platinum, which provides up to $200 annually in Uber credits for U.S. rides and automatic VIP status where available, 5X Membership Rewards points for eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com, a new Global Dining Collection, an expanded Global Lounge Collection and enhanced global events, among other benefits and services. The new annual fee for Platinum Card Membership is $550; for existing Card Members this new fee goes into effect on their annual renewal date on or after September 1, 2017.