Chase has beefed-up its website to help U.S. cardholders understand and make decisions based on their credit score.
Chase says its new service, Credit Journey, will help all consumers make confident financial decisions.
Chase Credit Journey features:
• VantageScore 3.0 powered by TransUnion, which is based on information from a person’s credit report and refreshed weekly
• Analysis of a person’s credit score as well as a comparison to other Americans’ scores
• Score Simulator, which shows how certain actions can affect their credit score
• A summary of total credit balance, credit utilization rate and late payments across credit accounts
• A history of their credit score in an easy-to-read graph, starting with their credit score on the day they sign up and continuing for twelve month intervals
• Tailored insights into factors behind the credit score, to help consumers manage their credit health
This service is available to all consumers for free whether they are a Chase customer or not.
For more information or to enroll in Chase Credit Journey, visit creditcards.chase.com/creditjourney.