The name of the game today is to add value and charge a big fee. The nation’s largest membership warehouse club unveiled this week the SAM’S Club Elite Membership Card. The upgraded SAM’s Club card, which carries a $100 annual fee, offers special discounts and access privileges on long distance services, home improvement services, roadside assistance, Internet banking, personal and business checks, insurance, auto-buying services, selected entertainment opportunities, and pharmacy services. SAM’s says the benefits package is worth more than $1,600. Here is a rundown of some of the benefits
1. AT&T Long Distance Service and WorldNet Service Elite members have two options for long distance savings and Internet access, one for discounts on residential long distance only and one that includes discounts on both residential long distance and AT&T WorldNet Service.
2. The Home Service Store Elite members get access to and service discounts with the only one-stop, 24-hour home improvement organization that pre-screens and guarantees top-quality contractors.
3. Member’s Mark Roadside Assistance Provides Elite members with guaranteed 24-hour, toll-free emergency roadside service, covering every car and driver in the household (services provided by United States Auto Club/Motoring Division, Inc.).
4. Telebank Elite members may sign up for bonus rates and reduced minimum balances on all premium yield FDIC-insured accounts as well as instant ATM Refunder and free online bill paying with its True.Net checking account.
5. SAM’S Club Member Checks Elite members receive up to 50 percent off bank rates on personal and business checks.
6. GROUPadvantage Insurance Elite members are eligible for a package of special services that can be critical to the security and protection of their families and businesses.
7. Auto Program Plus Provides Elite members with valuable auto-buying assistance, including auto information reports and auto locating services.
8. Savings Guide Elite members can save hundreds of dollars on selected local restaurants, stores, recreational activities, sporting events, movies and travel.
9. Pharmacy Card Elite members receive lower negotiated rates on prescription drugs at over 48,000 pharmacies and a convenient mail-order option.
Current SAM’S Club members can upgrade to ‘Elite Card’ status for $65.
For more information visit www.samsclub.com